Information for TUSLA
A DNA test has been is required for a social work case.
We have tailored a DNA test specifically for Tusla where the results can be used for a legal matter should a case progress.
Starting the process
Call 021 4367992 to discuss the particulars of the case or email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we may best advise you.
Nominate a GP
You can either speak to your client’s own family GP or select a GP from our register. A GP or practice nurse is required to take the samples for a Tusla test. Confirm their participation in advance of your request.
Provide a written instruction
Email your request to email@example.com to despatch a kit to the nominated GP. You can request an invoice at this time, if preferred, but the invoice is usually generated when the samples are returned to DNA Ireland for analysis.
Include the name and postal address of the chosen GP and the names of the relevant parties involved in the case.
Contact DNA Ireland
We will send out a kit to the chosen GP
- The standard kit normally consists of 3 sets of swabs, one each for the mother, the child and the alleged father.
- There are other kits available for other types of tests.
- We can tailor the kit if there are more or fewer people to test.
- The appointment typically lasts approximately 30 minutes.
- Your client will need to bring photo ID and a recent passport photograph to their appointment.
- It is preferred if all parties are in the room at the time of sampling, but alternative arrangements can be made if this is not possible.
Our fee for testing does not include the GPs consultation fee.
If Tusla are consenting for DNA sampling for a minor, the consenting social worker must be present at the sampling appointment and provide a copy of their Tusla/HSE staff identification with the submission.
The report will be issued within 5-7 working days
There is a report distribution page, with four sections that can be completed if four separate copies of the report are required. We will normally email the report but can post a copy if required.
Call us at any time during the process if you have any questions or concerns.