Download an information leaflet about your DNA Test appointment by clicking this link below:
When are these tests required?
- You need to establish the paternity of a child.
- There are solicitors or government departments involved.
- You are in the process of changing the name on a birth certificate.
How do I start the process?
Order your kit online or call 1890 989 556 to speak to us.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your options.
Contact DNA Ireland
If you have any questions or concerns please Lo-Call 1890 989 556 or phone 021 4965809 or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can use our enquiry form here or Tweet us @ DNAIreland.
Nominate a GP
You can either speak to your own family GP or select a GP from our register. A GP or practice nurse is required to take the samples for a court admissible test.
We will send out a kit to your chosen GP
- It normally consists of 3 sets of swabs, one each for the mother, the child and the alleged father.
- There are also instructions on how to take samples, an application form and a FREEPOST return mailing envelope. We can tailor your kit if you have more or fewer people to test.
- You will need to bring photo ID and a recent passport photograph to your appointment.
- It is preferred if all parties are in the room at the time of sampling, but alternative arrangements can be made if this is not possible.
Attend your appointment
Your GP will complete the paperwork and take a copy of your identification.
Your mouth swab samples will be taken and packaged by the GP and returned to us.
Your report will be issued within 7 working days
We will normally email your report but we are more than happy to post a copy to you, for your records. Up to four copies of the report can be requested.
Lo-Call us on 1890 989 556 or email us at email@example.com at any time if you have any questions or concerns.