Every animals DNA is unique and can be used as a molecular fingerprint to establish parentage. We compare the DNA of the offspring to the DNA of the dam and the alleged sire. If the offspring and the alleged sire share the same genetic markers, then parentage is confirmed. If the offspring and the alleged sire do not share the same genetic markers, then parentage is excluded.
We examine a specific set of genetic markers within your dog’s DNA and compare them to a database of over 200 breeds to determine the ancestry of your dog.
Coat colour and genetic disorders
The DNA of the animal is screened for a specific mutation relating to a particular physical trait or a genetic disease.
Options + Prices
- Parentage testing – €40 per animal
- Bovine Late Registration DNA testing for cattle – €40 per animal
- Breed identification test for dogs – €99 per animal
- Coat colour testing – POA
- Sex determination for birds – €40 per bird
- Genetic disorders – POA